The Paralegal, Greater China will support the APAC and Legal and Compliance function, providing high level paralegal services across Greater China region, including managing the legal and compliance function workflow, performing research, supporting compliance audits, maintaining compliance records and providing efficient and professional contracts review, drafting and management services. This role will require a bilingual speaker with the ability to translate English into Chinese and vice versa.
Acｃｏｕｎｔability 1: Business Partnering and Greater China Business Contribution
· Dedicate time to understand Greater China’s direction and vision for the future and actively commit to providing a level of support above and beyond simply responding to requests for assistance.
· Develop key relationships with Greater China colleagues in the field to ensure legal services are integrated with operations.
· Ensure ｄｅｌivery of timely, clear, constructive and commercially relevant legal services that meet Greater China’s business needs.
Acｃｏｕｎｔability 2: Risk and Compliance Support
· Support Greater China legal department to develop internal policies/procedures to ensure compliance with laws in Greater China and Cochlear’s compliance policies, and translate documents into Chinese.
· Support the timely review and approval of advertising and promotional materials across Greater China region in both English and Chinese.
· Conduct compliance audits and work closely with China Legal Counsel.
· Assist with due diligence when the business is entering a new market in Greater China and/or when appointing a new third party business partner.
· ｃｒｅａｔｅ spreadsheets and file management tools to document compliance with policies and procedures (Privacy and Business Relationship Policies) and maintain the Reporｔａｂｌｅ Gift Register.
· Develop and support training on policies and procedures (including Privacy and the Business Relationship Policies) and maintain training records for all employees across Greater China.
Acｃｏｕｎｔability 3: Contract Management
· Review, draft and revise a range of routine commercial contracts (including, but not limited to, confidentiality agreements, consultancy arrangements and service agreements).
· Utilise the contract database to facilitate the management of contractual obligations and adherence to terms and conditions. Follow up with contract managers to obtain original contracts and, on request from the business, retrieve existing contracts from the database.
· Review and modify standard templates to meet changes to local laws and regulations and/or changing business requirements.
Acｃｏｕｎｔability 4: File Management and Administration
· Chop management and applications.
· Provide litigation support to Greater China Legal and Compliance function.
· Manage work flow for the legal and compliance function, including opening new files, closing files and entering data into the file management system.
· Collate documentation relating to product liability claims and prepare files for submission to the Global legal department.
· Maintain company secretarial records for all subsidiaries across Greater China.
· Perform administrative duties required by the legal and compliance function and respond to routine information requests from the business.
Acｃｏｕｎｔability 5: Legal Research and Litigation Support
· Perform legal research and analysis of legal problems and issues in Greater China.
· Provide litigation support to Greater China Legal Counsel.
· Fluent in English
· Currently enrolled or recently completed a Bachelor of Laws degree with a strong academic record (distinction average)
· Availability to work 22.5 hours a week
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated initiative, adaptability and integrity
· Strong problem solving and decision-making capabilities with good judgement
· Demonstrated skills in prioritising work and meeting deadlines
· Ability to work with a high degree of independence and with sensitivity and confidentiality
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; friendly, approachable and diplomatic
· Highly flexible and adapｔａｂｌｅ, ability to shift focus easily and quickly
· Exceptional proofreading skills; accurate with meticulous attention to detail
· Excellent skills in word processing and PowerPoint with basic skills in Excel
· Prior experience in a similar paralegal role
· Experience working in with law firms / inhouse roles.
· Experience working in legal in a